WirelessTrakker + Non-Ubiquiti Solution
An amazing, economical wireless-network solution designed for your K–12 school and all your BYOD needs.
Your wireless controller and access-point system may do a lot of things well. But chances are, you’re frustrated by what they can’t do.
And that’s exactly why we developed WirelessTrakker.
When connected to your access points (must be purchased separately), our powerful, easy-to-use wireless-network support* is comparable to big-name brands like Cisco Meraki, Ruckus Wireless, and Aruba Networks.
It has all the brawn you need at a fraction of the price. And unlike with many of our competitors, you won’t get slammed with upgrade costs, hidden charges, or recurring licensing fees.
Here are some of the key features you’ll enjoy:
DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) for Each VLAN
The DHCP server hands out custom IP addresses for every SSID, so you can allot different content-filtering parameters to each SSID. This saves you the hassle of having to assign individual IP addresses to every user.
- IP addresses given to students on SSID #1 can be filtered one way
- IP addresses belonging to staff on SSID #2 can be filtered another
Multicast DNS (Domain Name System)
Permits communication between network-connected devices, applications, and services, no matter which SSID the user is on.
RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service)
An alternative to filtering through SSIDs. Users enter a username and password to authenticate their status (student, teacher, etc.) and are filtered accordingly.
Blocks guests and other “outsiders” from accessing your school’s local servers when they log on to your wireless network. It’s a secure way to keep your resources off limits to unauthorized users.
Free with your WirelessTrakker subscription:
- Software and equipment upgrades and replacements (applies to K12USA equipment, not access points)
- Automatic configuration backup and updates
- Unlimited tech support
Looking to transform your current setup into a complete wireless-networking solution? Be sure to refer to our downloadable checklist while comparing options.
Note: If you don’t yet have a system in place, we highly recommend the Ubiquiti line—it pairs seamlessly with WirelessTrakker.
Free 30-Day Trial!
Find out how easy it is to deploy a complete, fully featured wireless solution. Just fill out this quickie form. (You’ll need at least one access point to get started.)
Services & Warranties
WirelessTrakker Wireless Controller Appliance
- Your compact, easy-to-mount 1U wireless controller appliance comes preconfigured for simple DIY installation in a server room or wiring closet (compatible rack and patch cables are also included)
- We warranty, maintain, upgrade, and replace (if necessary) all K12USA equipment and software, at our expense
- When your subscription ends, just return the appliance to us (we pay the ground shipping in the continental U.S.)
- You must have or buy access points (In the market for Wi-Fi APs? We recommend Ubiquiti UniFi—they’re superior products at unbeatable prices)
- The only network requirement is that the switches between your WirelessTrakker controller and access points support VLANs and VLAN tagging (known as 802.1Q)
- Most managed switches support and place the ports in the correct VLANs
- We can help with this process and have instructions for many different vendors and switches
- If you want to authenticate your wireless users with active directory, you must have a Microsoft Windows Domain Controller running Windows 2000 or newer
Integration With SecureSchool Internet Filter
If you have SecureSchool—or are in the market for this excellent content filter/firewall//cache server—you can skip the WirelessTrakker appliance altogether and opt for WirelessTrakker Universal Wireless Support add-on.
It has all the functionality of the device but is conveniently integrated into the SecureSchool system. You get the capabilities of both tools in one appliance—at a lower price.
Take a free 30-day spin of WirelessTrakker.
No money down, zero obligation. You’ll see why schools across the country love our wireless-network support. Just fill out our quickie form or call 877-225-0100 today, and we’ll set you up in a jiffy.
Ready to hop on board now?
*These features are E-rate eligible. We believe our statements about E-rate eligibility are accurate based on our reading of the new FCC guidelines. Actual eligibility is not guaranteed and will be determined by USAC and/or FCC after applications are submitted.