Monitored, web-based, CIPA-compliant email for students
Free email for students offered through tools like Google Apps for Education may be cost-free.
But there’s a price to pay: They aren’t necessarily CIPA compliant (which protects children from exposure to pornography and explicit online content). In addition, there have been complaints of data mining that can compromise student privacy.
Easy solution: For just pennies per student per month, our cloud-based SchoolBits gives your students the freedom to enjoy a safe, CIPA-compliant email system—while granting you as much (or as little) control as you want over their activity.
It combines the blocking capabilities of a traditional email system with the ease of an online service. There’s nothing to install or maintain.
SchoolBits sets up in seconds. Then, with a web browser and a few clicks, you can monitor, moderate, and filter incoming and outgoing student emails based on any combination of settings, such as:
- Language filtering –– customizable list of 4,000+ words and phrases in 16 categories
- Attachments –– allow, moderate, or automatically delete all attachments, or filter by file extensions
- Executable attachments –– automatically block executable extensions to protect against viruses and Trojan horses
- In-line images –– allow, moderate, or automatically delete student email messages with in-line images
- Spam filtering –– customizable to your entire district
- Time restrictions –– limit when students can access their email accounts and/or send emails to one another