Our load-balancer hardware boosts your network’s capacity and reliability.
Are you subject to Internet outages? At the mercy of an unreliable ISP connection? Worried about capacity overload? Confined to a single connection that’s short on bandwidth?
We have a simple solution: Add a second connection and SecureSchool’s load balancer to your IT arsenal and watch your worries dissolve. It eliminates sluggish performance and banishes headaches caused by network hiccups and downtime.
Say you have two different Internet connections (either through one ISP or two), and one quits:
- Our load balancer failover feature instantly switches to the working connection
- When the downed connection returns, the load balancer monitors it for five more minutes to make sure the connection is solid (this prevents pesky flip-flopping between connections)
- Once everything normalizes, the load balancer puts both connections back into the mix
If your primary connection isn’t large enough to handle jobs during peak demand times, the load balancer splits traffic in whatever proportion you choose, whether it’s 50/50, 90/10, or anything in between.
The Cure for Frequent Network Outages
Our load-balancing tool seamlessly shifts traffic to the functioning connection, increases your overall uptime, and keeps you plugged in. That means happier, more productive students and staff.
- Flexible website and policy routing –– you can direct both website and non-web traffic through the connection of your choice
- Load balances all protocols –– including HTTP, HTTPS, IMAP, FTP, POP3, and SMTP
- Advanced access control –– manage who can access services exposed through the load balancer
- Primary- and secondary-connection management –– automatically sends traffic to the secondary connection when there’s an issue with the primary one—or vice versa
- Content caching via SecureSchool –– stores recently accessed data to boost website performance
All these benefits come in one easy-to-install add-on, which we’ll send to SecureSchool customers upon request. If you’re a new client, we’ll install the card in your SecureSchool appliance before it ships.
You get so much—for so little. Like all our products, the load balancer is an economical choice for budgets of all sizes. (Find your fee for the load balancer on our rate calculator.)